Loblaw Companies Ltd. Contest with Angela van Tijn (“CONTEST”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (“RULES”)
1) SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Loblaws Inc. (“the Sponsor”) and administered by Loblaws Inc. (the “Contest Administrator”).
2) CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest begins on Thursday, August 12, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. PST and closes Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PST the (“Contest Closing date”) (collectively the “Contest Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, visit the blog post (the “Contest Post”) and, following all online instructions, enter the contest via the Rafflecopter widget including leaving a comment on the Contest Post. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period, Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PST. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a prize. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered. Each comment must be original, not infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other party, and must be suitable for publication (i.e. must not be obscene or indecent or contain content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.) Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any entry the Sponsor deems not to be in keeping with the rules of this Contest. Entries must not: include celebrities (or celebrity likeness); disparage any persons or organizations; contain any personal or commercial solicitations, advertisements or promotional materials; feature alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, firearms and ammunitions, prescription drugs, illegal drugs and related drug paraphernalia, nutritional supplements, lotteries, or gambling; contain material which is in Sponsor's sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, sexually explicit, violent, discriminatory (including based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), profane, or harassing; or contain material that is threatening to any person, place, business or group or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation and must be in line with the Sponsor's image and reputation as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. All entries shall become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned to entrants. The entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the entry including, without limitation, all copyright. Sponsor shall have the right to edit or modify entry for use in perpetuity without any further consent or compensation. Entries should not bear the names, trademarks or logos of any third party. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims against infringement with respect to any entry submitted. By entering this Contest each entrant: (i) represents that the said entry does not infringe on any third party’s copyright materials, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights; (ii) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any claim or liability arising from or related to submission of the entry and participation in this Contest; (iii) grants the Sponsor, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to edit, modify reproduce, post and/or broadcast the entry in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed, including, without limitation, as contemplated within these Official Rules, and in any advertising or promotions created by the Sponsor in any form of media to promote this Contest and/or future contests similar to this Contest; and (iv) waives all moral rights in the entry in favour of the Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit any entry to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content. Entries that do not conform to the specific requirements will be disqualified.
4) ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority within the province or territory of which they reside. Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family and/or household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purposes of these contest rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son, and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household. The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest and any failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5) POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION: A random draw of one (1) winner will be made by the Rafflecopter widget on Thursday, September 9, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. (PST) from all eligible entries received on or before the Contest Closing Date. Before being declared the winner, the selected potential winner of the Prize must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid and will be required to sign a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest Official Rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded. The selected potential winner will be notified by email using the address associated with entry no later than Thursday, September 16, 2021. If the potential winner cannot be contacted by Friday, September 17, 2021, at Sponsor’s discretion, another Entrant may be selected.
If the eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to properly execute and return the declaration and release form within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize, as awarded, for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules; and/or (e) if email or other communication between the entrant and Sponsor is not responded to or is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited by that entrant and the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from the remaining eligible entries to award that prize (in which case, the foregoing provisions of this section will apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
6) ODDS OF WINNING: The chances of being selected as a potential winner depends upon the number of eligible entries received. 7) PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARVs): There will be one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of a $500 promo code to be used in the PC Health app shop (the “Prize” or “prize”). The $500 promo code will cover the full cost of the transaction, including tax and shipping. The $500 promo code can be used for multiple transactions. The $500 promo code can be used for anything in the PC Health app shop, including services. Any cost beyond $500 must be paid for by the Potential Winner. Total approximate retail value of the Prize is $500.00 CDN. 8) DECLARATION & RELEASE: The potential winner will be required to execute and return a Declaration and Release within three (3) days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of prize notification and of attempted delivery, or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
9) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this contest, the entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to hold the Sponsor, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees, and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of any prize or participation in the contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, on account of the foregoing or otherwise, notifications, typographical, responses, replies or any computer, online, software, telephone, cellular phone, hardware or technical problems, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failure, traffic congestion or malfunction that may occur, or on account of any combination including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website or mobile application users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest or by any technical, human or other error or omission. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or cellular phone related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials or applications in this Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, lack of participation, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest website.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entrant if the entrant a) violates these official Rules and/or the general rules/guidelines of any online property or service of the Sponsor; b) enters the contest by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where contest entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means; c) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning online entrant, entries made by internet will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the contest website, contest application or any related website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Currency is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stipulated. The prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, bartered, sold, raffled, substituted, or transferred, and is non-refundable. In the event the stated prize is unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, a prize of equivalent nature and value will be provided, or the Sponsor, in its sole option, may award the winner the equivalent monetary value in lieu of prize. The prize will be delivered only to the confirmed winner.
Refusal to accept a prize releases the Sponsor, as well as its respective directors, officers, and employees, of all responsibility and obligations toward the winner of such prize. In no event shall Sponsor be held to award more prizes that what is mentioned in these rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these rules.
10) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winner’s name, city and province/territory of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
All information requested by and supplied by each entrant must be truthful, accurate, and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the contest in their discretion, should the entrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading details and/or information or should the entrant be ineligible for the contest pursuant to these rules.
11) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12) INDEMNIFICATION: Entrant releases and holds Sponsor harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Rules, and/or in any prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
13) TERMINATION: If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of this contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice or obligation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
15) INSTAGRAM: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
In the event of a dispute, entries shall be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail address associated with the Instagram account. For the purpose of the Official Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry.
16) LAW: The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.